In line with the upcoming feast of the black Nazarene, a Replica of its image visited NCRPO on January 2, 2022.
The image travelled all the way from Quiapo Church to give its devotees an opportunity to pray and send devotions and intentions amid the stricter implementation of Covid19 protocols in Metro Manila following the upgrading of quarantine restrictions to alert level 3.
With the forthcoming celebration of the Feast of the Black Nazarene 2022, the National Capital Region Police Office Chief PMGEN VICENTE D DANAO JR reiterated that strict IATF ALERT LEVEL 3 restrictions shall be implemented.
Consequently, all activities pertaining to the celebration of the feast were suspended including the traditional conduct of procession, traditional pasanan, pagtanaw, pahalik and Luneta Park assembly. Quiapo Church shall also be closed from January 7-9, 2022.
Despite these prohibitions however, continuous online masses shall be conducted during the celebration of the feast.
To further guarantee public safety amid the celebration of the feast and to prevent those who will insist in visiting the church despite prohibition, five containment security rings were established in the following manner:
1st Containment Ring was established in the immediate vicinity of Quiapo Church to act as the venue control point in the following areas:
a. Quiapo arch;
b. Beside Villalobos Underpass;
c. Villalobos St/Hidalgo St;
d. Beside Victory Mall;
e. Plaza San Juan; and
f. 711 near Overpass.
2nd Containment Ring was established as the inner control point covering the following areas:
a. Villalobos St./Palanca St;
b. Palanca St. (Fronting Barangay 306);
c. Palanca St./Palermo Gomez St;
d. Palanca St./Estero Cegado St;
e. Carriedo St./Estero Cegado St;
f. Paterno St./Estero Cegado St;
g. Paterno St./Sales St;
h. Paterno St./ P Gomez St;
i. Carriedo St. Palma;
j. Paterno St./Evangelista St;
k. Quezon Blvd/Paterno St;
l. Quezon Blvd/Escaldo St;
m. Quezon Blvd/Hidalgo St;
n. Quezon Blvd/Arlegui St;
o. Quezon Blvd/Norzagaray St;
p. Quezon Blvd/Globo De Oro;
q. 1st Hole;
r. 2nd Hole; and
s. Palanca St/Quezon Blvd (3rd Hole)
3rd Containment Ring which shall act as the outer control point was also established in the following areas;
a. Carlos Palanca;
b. Taft Avae. fronting Mehan Garden;
c. Plaza Sta. Criz corner C. Palanca;
d. C.M. Recto corner Rizal Ave;
e. CM Recto Ave; and
f. Lerma corner Nicanor Reyes.
4th Containment Ring to act as the law enforcement control point comprised of checkpoint areas especially in the boundaries of Metro Manila were established in the following areas:
a. Brgy 101, Mel Lopez Blvd;
b. H. Lopez blvd;
c. Juan Luna St;
d. Rizal Ave corner R. Papa;
e. Blumentritt near corner Dimasalang St. Sta. Cruz, Manila (Fronting Manila North Cemetery);
f. España Blvd corner Blumentritt extn;
g. RM Blvd corner Santol St. Sampaloc Manila;
h. New Panaderos St City Limit in fromt of Mc Donalds;
i. Lubiran Bridge, Lubiran St. Bacood Manila;
j. Pinaglabanan Bridge;
Roxas Blvd near corner P. Ocampo;
k. Taft Ave corner P. Ocampo; and
l. Baseco Compound Brgy 649, 2nd St.
5th Containment Ring which will act as the border control point in the 34 Regional Control Points Located in the boundaries of Metro Manila and nearby provinces.
Road closure in the following areas on January 7, 2022 from 4am onwards will also be implemented in the following roads thus:
1. Southbound lane of Quezon Blvd. (Quiapo), from A. Mendoza/Fugoso to Quezon Bridge;
2. Stretch of Evangelista St. from P.Paterno to C.M. Recto Ave.;
3. Stretch of Raon from Evangelista to Quezon Blvd.;
4. Stretch of Palanca St. from Plaza Lacson to Quiapo ilalim (Quinta Market);
6. Northbound lane of Rizal Ave. From Carriedo to C.M. Recto Ave.; and
7. Stretch of Bustos St.,nfrom Plaza Sta Cruz to Rizal Ave.
Vehicle rerouting during the celebration shall be implemented in the following manner:
1. Vehicles intending to utilize Quezon Blvd coming from A Mendoza shall turn right to Fugoso St left to Severino Reyes St. to Recto Ave. to point of destination;
2. Vehicles coming from Quezon City utilizing westbound lane of España Blvd. shall turn left to Nicanor Reyes St (Morayta) turn right to CM Recto Ave. or turn right to P. Campal St. To Fugoso St. to point of destination;
3. Vehicles coming from P. Burgos Ave. and Taft Ave. intending to utilize Quezon Bridge, Shall go straight to Jones or Mc Arthur Bridge to point of destination;
4. Vehicles coming from Mc. Arthur Bridge intending to utilize C.Palanca St. or the Northbound lane or Rizal Ave shall go straight to Plaza Sta Cruz to Dasmariñas St. to point of destination.
Meanwhile, to ensure the security of the devotees, NCRPO Chief, PMGEN DANAO affirmed the deployment of 2,397 police officers on January 7, 2022. 2, 102 police officers on January 8, 2022 and 2, 418 personnel on January 9, 2022 to man the five containment rings. Other units include the Joint Task Force-NCR, Special Action Force, Highway Patrol Group , Philippine Coast Guard, Maritime Group, Philippine Navy, Bureau of Fire Protection, Bureau of Jail Management and Penology.
“The safety and security of everyone is the primordial concern of Team NCRPO. Hence, all units must work together to achieve this common goal of a peaceful and solemn celebration of the feast of the black Nazarene.” Said PMGEN DANAO JR.###