National Capital Region Police Office Chief, PBGEN Vicente D Danao Jr, commends the successful Joint Buy-Bust Operation of Station District Drug Enforcement Unit (SDEUs) of PS 11- Galas Station, Quezon City Police District and Makati City Police Station that resulted in the Arrest of four (4) persons for violation of Secs. 5 and 11 in relation to Art II, RA 9165 on December 21, 2020 at about 6:00PM at Tanay St., Barangay Valenzuela, Makati City.
In a report forwarded to PBGEN Danao, suspects were identified as: Nino Cordoviz y Pedrido, and Godofredo Colarina Jr y Merabona, both were identified as High Value Individual, and two other suspects are Chris John Roy Gozo y Alcopra and Ma. Cristina Guinto y Masagpag. Investigation disclosed that Cordoviz and Calorina were arrested during the drug sting while Gozo and Guinto were caught in the act while purchasing suspected shabu from the former suspects.
Further investigation disclosed that the operation ensued from the information provided by a regular confidential informant. Upon verification on the veracity of the report, SDEU of PS 11- Galas Station coordinated with the SDEU of Makati City Police Station and plotted a buy-operation that led to the successful arrest of the suspects and seizure of evidences.
Seized from the suspect’s possession are the following pieces of evidence:
- Two (2) pcs of plastic ice bag knot tied of suspected shabu with an estimated weight of more or less one hundred (100) grams with DDB street value of Php 680,000
- Seven (7) medium heat-sealed transparent plastic sachet of suspected shabu with an estimated weight of more or less twenty (20) grams with DDB street value of Php 136,000
- One thousand genuine peso bill used as buy bust money- Php 1,000 with serial number AB075782
- One (1) buddle of boodle fake one thousand peso bill used as buy bust money
- One (1) black weighing scale,
- One (1) unused transparent plastic sachet,
- One (1) stainless scissor,
- One (1) white disposable lighter,
- One (1) black sling bag; and,
- One (1) unit Samsung cellphone.
The marking and inventory of the recovered pieces of evidence was witnessed by Barangay Kagawad Roberto A Javier, Barangay Valenzuela, Makati City and media representative Mr Jimmy Mendoza.
The seized suspected illegal drugs has an aggregate estimated weight of more or less 120 grams with Standard Drug price amounting to PHP816, 000.00. It was turned over to the QCPD Crime Laboratory for confirmatory testing while suspects are currently detained at PS 11 Custodial Facility for investigation, proper documentation and disposition. Subsequently, suspects will be referred to Makati City prosecutor’s office for inquest proceedings relative to filling of charges for violation of Sec 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs), Sec 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs) under Art II of RA 9165 otherwise known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
“I commend the joint efforts of our operatives for a job well done which resulted in the arrest of high value drug personalities and seizure of suspected illegal drugs.
This accomplishment may serve as warning to those who are engaged in similar unlawful activities that Team NCRPO will not cease in its endeavour to fight illegal drugs in the region.” Said PBGEN DANAO. ###